Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Middle School Graduation Card

Made this lil card for my daughter, Madison, whose nickname is "Sid" - don't ask.  It's made on a paper bag, and there's a pocket to hold a pull out tag.

The teddy bear I used on the front came from a swap I did a while back.  The green and yellow are Sid's school colors.  I plan to write an Abraham Lincoln quote under the "2013" and I will have my family sign the pull out tag...I want them to write her a short message, so hopefully there is enough room for the four of us (I put plain white cards on both sides).

I will put a picture of her on graduation day on the flap by the LMS, and I plan to put a picture of our entire family on the back cover.  It's sort of a card/mini-mini album I guess.  It's a pretty neat concept.  Not my original idea.....it came from a youtube video you can find here.

Front
Middle
Back
Front and Tag

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Sid!

    And such a lovely keepsake - I am sure it will be a treasured gift as she keeps moving forward.

    It's super clever - and you did a fabulous job on it! Love all of the details and the great paper too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable graduation card! I love the pull-out tag idea. Big congrats to Madison (Sid) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow Diane... This is FABULOUS! Congrats to "SID" for completing Middle School! She will cherish it forever.... :O)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete