Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Corrugated Cardboard and Felt Cutting Adventures

Well, here is that third snowman, Tanya.  He represents new territory for me.  I cut corrugated cardboard for his body and painted it with watered down fabric paint and sprinkled MS coarse glitter on him while he dried.  Then I ironed heat and bond onto felt squares and cut the felt in my cricut.  Finished up by cutting some sticks from a bush in my backyard for his arms.  He was sure a learning experience.  Lots of fun in spite of the paint and glitter mess waiting for me.  The corrugated cardboard did not cut all the way through.  I placed it on the mat with the ridges down and the solid cardboard up.  It did cut through the solid layer great with a multicut of two and I was easily able to follow this cut with my scissors and finish him up.  The felt cut beautifully.  Beginners luck maybe?.....

I am entering this in the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger which can be found here at this link.  The colors and circular shape were my "triggers" as well as that whitewashed wood floor...so fun eh?  http://www.moxiefabworld.com/2011/12/tuesday-trigger-deck-halls.html  

25 comments:

  1. Be still my heart....I think I'm in love! Wow! Oh Diane, he's a cutie! I love everything about him from his little corrugated body to the button on his hat! Oh my goodness, you brave, brave woman...corrugated cardboard AND felt in one day! Consider yourself place upon a pedestal now and me trying to figure out how the heck to curtsey at your feet! Truly adorable...darn it...can't figure out for the life of me how to curtsey....my mama didn't have the money for charm school. I'm gonna go try to figure this out while I think about your little cutie snowman....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I know how you made him. Wow! You are so adventurous, D. the Explorer! I am not ready for this yet. I am scared I will ruin my Cricut, and I don't have backup E2 or Imagine like some people do. And I am not thinking of buying mini cricut for my daughter (or daughter is only an excuse to have one?). Love all your creativity with this real sticks, next time we are going to see a real carrot, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so absolutely adorable, Diane!! I love him!! The corrugated cardboard body is so fabulous!! I have trouble cutting through this too and end up using scissors. You decorated him perfectly!! Awesome, awesome snowman :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just fabulous Diane!! Oh my gosh, the details are so fun-adorable! Total A+ for this project!! Amamzing my friend!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea to use the corrugated cardboard and perfect for the Moxie fab trigger! You totally nailed it, and the details are fab.

    Love your color palette and how you white washed and glittered the cardboard.

    It's snow genius and heartfelt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Diane! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, you are a total overachiever-- cardboard and felt!?!? I need tips on cutting the felt for sure! Your snowman is just perfect!!! I am in love with the colors you picked too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane I love your snowman:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your snowman looks fantastic! Wow! You worked hard to make it, but it was well worth it. He looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That snowman is so cute!!!! Snowmen are my favorite! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. i was wondering what kind of cardboard did you use mine looks different then yours could you help me on this please

    ReplyDelete
  12. Janet,
    I don't have a way to get in touch with you, so I hope you stop back by. I used corrugated cardboard. You can see a picture here: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b6/Corrugated_Cardboard.JPG

    I took a shipping box from my basement and cut off the top flap. Sprayed the paper layer on top lightly with water from a spray bottle and let it sit a few minutes then peeled the paper off. I painted and glittered the side with the ridges that this process exposed. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Diane stopped back to let you know I love the snowman-- so sweet and simple-- I have yet to make some in paper!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your little snowman is absolutely adorable...love all the felt pieces and his stick arms are just tooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This snowman is super adorable! He turned out really cute...I think he was worth your efforts (says the girl that has never used chunky glitter ). NOT beginner's luck....you have mad art skillz :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you and your family have a very safe, happy, festive holiday season filled with much love and happiness!! I truly value your friendship, Diane - I am so thankful we met in blogland :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG, how cool! I would never have even thought to try this but now I'm itching to. I'm kind of a chicken, though. So ADORABLE! Happy New Year, chickie! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just wanted to stop by and say HAPPY NEW YEAR!! I hope your 2012 is very safe, happy, prosperous and crafty :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Diane
    Thank You for having been such a warm and supportive friend and Wish you a Happy and Creative New Year
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just found your blog from a comment you were kind enough to leave on mine. Such creativity! Your Christmas creations were so cheery and fun. Hope you have a great 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really doubt it was beginners luck! LOL It turned out wonderful! Very, Very CUTE! HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Looking forward to seeing all the fun new creations you make for 2012! :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  22. Adorable snowman! I gave you an award, so stop by my blog to pick it up : )

    Tracy
    http://owlbecraftin.blogspot.com/2012/01/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just stopping by to say hi and that I hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete