Monday, December 5, 2011

A Couple of Snowman Cards

The challenge for the Santa Slacker's thread on the cricut message board this week (here) was to use any snowman cut to make a Christmas card.  I can't resist these cold, chubby guys, so I made two.  My first card was made using Elegant Edges for the scallop shape card and Winter Woodland for the Snowman.  I used some vintage seam binding from my friend Joy (thank you, dear), a paper lace doily, and the pink felt under the bow and the snowman's bottom is a flower I performed some surgery on.  I love the peaceful look of this snowman.

The second card I made for the challenge used a Snow Friends snowman.  I purchased the Snow Friends cart as a digital download in CCR.  The lamp post is from Heritage, and the beautiful lace that I used on this one is from Tatiana (thank you too, my other dear).  My friends spoil me, and I like it!  Hope you get a chance to play along this week.  My Christmas cards are just about where they need to be.  A few more, and I will be done with those and can move on to conquer the rest of my list (yeah, right!).  Thanks for visiting today.  I am loving all those comments you are leaving me.  They sure make my day.  I have the best blogger friends ever.  

7 comments:

  1. WOWZERS Daina, these are just fantastic!! I love them both and the colors are just awesome!!! Both snowmen are adorable and love all the extra's! SO cute!!!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your cards Diane. The first one has my fave snowman on ever and love her flowery bottom!
    The lace and sparkle are fabulous on your second.So cute.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Left you a message on the Cricut MB, but had to stop by and get an "up close and personal" look! Your little snow people are so, so cute! I am loving those pops of pink you added, what a great addition to your cards. Love the fun goodies you added to each card, the doily, the felt, fun ribbons and lace...major cuteness! And...I really love that oval shaped card...fabulous! I think you mentioned something about snowman number 3 on the Cricut board? Looking forward to seeing another awesome snowman from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like snow, but I love snowmen and these are so absolutely adorable, Diane!! I LOVE the first card...the colors are so pretty and peaceful and that is one of my favorite snowmen cuts! The little touches you added...the lace doily, the flower, the shape of the card...are so fabulous! And the second card is so beautiful! I love the streetlight!! Awesome cards my friend!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane -

    Two great cards and how wonderful to have wonderful and creative friends. Darling snowmen, and thank you for your many positive comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super, Diane! I love the non-traditional pink for Christmas. It works perfectly on your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is the second card!!! Love it!!! Pink at Christmas is my favorite :] xo

    ReplyDelete