Saturday, January 7, 2012

A Kate's Kitchen Cookbook

Wow....it feels like forever since I've posted anything.  Life hasn't figured out the holiday bustle is supposed to have passed, I guess.  I altered this cookbook before Christmas for my daughter, Kate.  It was one of her gifts.  It was supposed to have some cookie recipes in it from a swap, but the swap was late shipping, so it was full of empty page protectors....and no, I don't have the pages yet, but they are on the way.  ;)

I did find myself really hooked on wanting to make an entire cookbook after completing the only 6x6 recipe page I ever did.  So, I rounded up 9 Cricut MB friends, and we are in a 10 month long recipe swap.  We will be doing multiple swaps over time in order to build a 60 page cookbook.  I'm really excited about it.

I will have the first recipe page to post for you soon.  In the meantime, here is Kate's empty cookbook.  I saw a two page scrapbook layout from Bug Junkie in the Cricut Chirp a while back that I absolutely loved.  You can see her layout here.  I thought it would be the perfect theme for a recipe book, so I completely lifted it.

The cookbook came from here and was very reasonable if you are interested in info on that.  I purchased three of them.  One for me, one for my daughter Kate, and one for my daughter, Maddie.  I may be getting a fourth for my son who didn't appreciate being left out.  I am taking recipe requests from my kids so I am sure to include their favorites....if I can get them to ask for anything besides cookie recipes, we'll be in good shape.

Hope your holidays were happy, and if you read all that, well, thank you, and I owe you a cup of tea and a few home made cookies for reading my mini-novel.




I've decided to link up to Pink Cricut's link up party with this project.  You can link up too.  Visit here.

14 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Diane, this is so awesome!! I love this idea!! I have a bunch of my grandmother's recipes stored in an old photo album. This is a much better idea!! I may have to scraplift your scraplift!! ;) What did you use to make the cover??

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, this is just and AMAZING project!! Great idea:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Diane I qualify to come and have tea and cookies with you!!
    Never seen a crafty cookbook! Wonderful idea-- My jot down recipes are always lying loose and tattered-- I like this idea-- shall put this idea in my To do list.. you do share some unique projects!!
    Yes its been some time since you posted and kinda missed you!!
    Love, Take care
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi D.! I am so glad you posted this cookbook. I love it, it's so cute. Did Kate like it or she is still waiting for the pages to fill it in. I would love to see them all. I hope you'll find more time to make some cards or other paper related stuff. I have been making some scrapbook pages but really need to start with Dana's B-day things.
    Love.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yay, your back in blogland! You rocked the recipe book and I totally *LOVE* that your ds did not want to be left out. He must be a GREAT guy. I'll bet he takes after his mom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow,this is fabulous. Not surprised your son didn't want to be left out.Happy New Year to you.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to see that you're back...I missed you!!! Wow...what a great recipe book for your daughter! The cover is just so, so adorable! I love all those vintage colors and images, super cute. You sure do have a lot of cookbooks to put together and I look forward to seeing all the pages. What a wonderful way to treasure those special, family recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I thought you had gotten lost! Been checking back here all week! LOL Your album turned out soooo stinkin' CUTE! What a fun idea to share in a swap with others for recipes... My oldest asked me to make him a cookbook before he left for school and I did.... but it isn't fancy at all! I just typed his favorite recipes out and put them in a book! That's about it! LOL Well I did use page protectors so the pages would last longer! tehehehe But nothing like yours... WOW! Maybe if I had girls I probably would have.... but I think my boys are ok with the recipes and nothing more added... Or at least thats what they told me... :o)

    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane -

    This is absolutely darling. It's vintage-y and so personally precious for your daughter. I love the darling kitchen scene - that waving cookbook is perfect on the counter.

    I definitely have to check out the site you ordered this from, and I am so glad you posted this fantastic cookbook - can't wait to see the "innards!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute Diane! I think your daughter will love it recipes or not! It has a very vintage feel to it, and you know I love vintage, so maybe you should send me one when you send the tea and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Diane! What an amazing initiative! It will be so exciting to see the recipes come in each month.
    And Kate's book looks amazing! I love the cover (and the sweet little mushroom that I just saw above, too)! What a fabulous gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Diane!! What a DARLING cook book! I have started a recipe book for my daughter- but, not my son yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable recipe book, I just love it. The cover is amazing, every time I see a cook book with so much love put into it, I totally am inspired to start on one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what a GREAT idea!!!! I love it! So glad you linked up at Pink Cricut!! I'm your newest follower

    Candace
    scrappin2littleprincesses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete