We altered a key first. We sanded the key then applied 3 or 4 coats of acrylic paint. Then we painted on a layer of crackle accents. When it was dry, we stamped on a PK face and inked her cheeks with a pink pen. Then we rubbed brown and gold ink on the key with our fingers. We laced a ribbon through the key hole (it is behind the hair, so you can't see it) and then added some DMC floss and made pigtails with tiny twine bows. That may have been the hardest part of it all. We put some bling on the cut part of the key and then I sewed a gathering stitch into a piece of pink tulle and we glued and trimmed and cut until we were happy with the effect and thought it looked like a dress. We added a bow and some tiny pearls, and then sat back and admired her for a while cuz she wore us out. Here she is ready for her close up:
The next step was to decide what to put her on. I immediately thought that the princess receiving the card needed a crown. So with Sweet Treats and a little bling from my mother in law, we ended up with a cute, princess worthy Valentine crown. I decided that I was going to try one of those Art Philosophy roses my friends Joy and Tatiana are so good at. Whew! They aren't easy. I only liked one out of the three I cut and rolled. I have to look at some tutorials on that. Then I tied the altered key onto the crown and put a couple of tiny foam dots behind the bottom of the key to keep it in place. This makes the key easily removable to tie on a backpack zipper pull or anywhere else you might want to tie a key that has been given new life as a ballerina princess. ;) When all was said and I done, Maddie and I sat back and thought we had done alright. I really hope it brings just a little sun to Princess Trin's day.


It is an adorable creation Diane and the fact that you put your heart into it shines through.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet project! So creative and unique and so very thoughtful!! How special for this little princess:) I am sure you and Maddie will make her day!
ReplyDeleteSherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
Oh WOW! This turned out lovely Diane! The whole idea of the princess on the key is such a cool idea! And adding it onto the crown card really adds some pizzazz to it... It really looks wonderful and I'm sure this will put a big smile on a sweet young girls face.... :O)
ReplyDeleteP.S. The rose looks wonderful! :o)
So cute!
ReplyDeleteYou and Maddie are simply awesome! I can't even begin to explain to you how much I am loving this card. I know that even if you've never met Trin, she is already a special little girl in your eyes and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This adorable litte princess that you and Maddie came up with is just precious (as is the crown) and I cannot wait to present it to our amazing little friend! By the way, Trin is at home now enjoying some time at home and with her family before starting treatments.....thank you Lord for answered prayers. I'll keep you posted as I know more. Thank you again my sweet, big hearted friend!
ReplyDeleteOh wow, Diane, what a sweet and gorgeous card you and Maddie created!! The key ballerina is just about the cutest thing I've seen!! She was worth the effort it took you to make her!! I love the crown and the flower is so beautiful!! This is so amazing and I am sure it will put a big smile on her face!! :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com
An amazing and adorable gift! You and Maddie did such a fabulous job - her head of hair and pearl necklace - the detail on her face - the bling - and the use of a key (never would have thought of that)! It's so nice that she will have a lasting treasure that she could use on her backpack zipper or other pull tab! WONDERFUL!!! Maddie, I hope we'll see more of your work and your Mom's soon!
ReplyDeleteDiane you and Maddie did a great job.What a fabulous ballerina princess and how perfect to put on the crown card.Just love your creativity with a key...amazing!I am sure this brought a smile to Trin's face.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
This is so sweet! What a kind gesture and wonderful card!!
ReplyDeleteBreathtaking! A lot of work went into that card as well as love and it shows! What a wonderful and thoughtful card/gift for a little girl...I'll bet she keeps that card out for a very long time to come! Thanks for sharing... you and Maddie did a fantastic job!!
ReplyDeleteYour cards always amaze me. You are so talented! xo
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous! I just love the way you've done her hair and the dress is fantastic!! Your rose looks perfect to me! (I'm sure the other two were wonderful as well!) I'm sure that Princess Trin will be delighted to receive such a wonderful card.
ReplyDeleteThis is adorable! How nice of you to do this! Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog....you definitely brighten my day!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful card, I am sure it did bring a smile to the Princess' face :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for showing me some love on the Cricut Community Messageboard for my making the Chirp, I love to feel the love :)
Debbie B
workinscrappinmomof4.blogspot.com