My incredibly adorable nephew, who I don't see nearly often enough, just turned 2. I was at the hospital with his mom the night he was born, and he came into the world giving me a heart attack. He didn't exactly choose the easiest entrance, but, he's made up for it by being an easy going, funny, adorable kid....I guess that's all about to change though. ;) To welcome the terrible twos, I couldn't resist a little Elmo. My own daughter used to get excited beyond belief when the Elmo's World music came on. She would dance and run around shrieking in front of the tv every single time. It is such a great memory. I will always adore that little red monster. Maddie used to call him MoMo. We took her to Sesame Street Place to see him in a live Elmo's World show once. I will never forget the look on her face when he came out. Money well spent.
Anyway, the card. The fabulous plaid paper came from a friend I loving like to call Mr. Ed. Thanks, T. She is the reason I now own PK stamps too. She makes the best faces. I'm still learning, but you really can't go wrong with these cute stamps. The 2, Elmo, and the balloons are all from Elmo's Party. The present is from the Celebrations cart. Thanks for coming by.....and reading all my ramblings.
This card made the Top 3 at My Craft Spot for the Shaped Birthday Challenge. Thanks, Kimberly and DT!
Missed your posts and such a sweet card you have made . So adorable.
ReplyDeleteCheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
This is adorable! Love the faces on the balloons and the plaid paper! The embossing on Elmo looks really good too! :)
ReplyDeleteKaren
craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com
Yay...you're back! I was getting worried about you girl! Ok....where to start with this stinkinly adorable card?? First of all, I love the shape and that fabulous plaid paper! The balloons are beyond precious with those stamped, cutie pie faces (you did good)! And, what's not to love about Elmo (my grandson also calls him MoMo). Then there is the cute little touch of spelling out Mikey with the beads...love it! Happy Birthday to your special little nephew. One day when he's all grown up, he will come to appreciate how talented his Aunty Diane really is!
ReplyDeleteHow adorable is this??!! Elmo is so cute!! I love the sweet faces on the balloons!! And the plaid paper is so fun!! So glad you are back making awesome cards, Diane :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
A Mermaid's Crafts
Darling card for what am I positive is a darling nephew! I love the "background" story on your post - MoMo, the look on Maddie's face, and of course, Mikey's entrance into the world.
ReplyDeleteTogether, they make this beautiful and fun card even more beautiful!
Did I tell plaid was one of my favorite colors? This is just stinking cute! Love the balloons, the use of "2" and all of the other great elements!
I can tell you have been busy!!!
This is such a FUN, CUTE card!!! Love the faces on those balloons, and the embossing on Elmo! My daughter would love a card like this! : )
ReplyDeleteAacckkk! This is so flipping' adorable! Just saw it over on the Cricut MB, but I am just noticing the embossing on Elmo. Love it! Great card, Diane!
ReplyDeleteAdorable card!Love the embossing on Elmo and the cute faces.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
This is so, so adorable! I'm sure your nephew LOVED this! The embossing is fabulous - and those happy balloons are just too cute! GREAT card!
ReplyDelete(You should link this up at My Craft Spot.)
OMGOODNESS Diane! This is sooooo stinkin' CUTE! How ADORABLE! Your Nephew is soooo lucky to get a super cute card like this! :O)
ReplyDeleteAbsolutely adorable!! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!
ReplyDeleteKimberly
I'm so glad you linked this up at My Craft Spot! It really is such a fun card!!
ReplyDeleteHow cute! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!!
ReplyDeleteAymee
Adorable and very creative!
ReplyDeleteI love this card!
ReplyDelete