Sunday, February 26, 2012

I'm So Charming

I am in a charm swap on the cricut messageboards.  I had to make 25 charms.  I used shrinky dink inkjet plastic and the Greeting Cards Inside and Out imagine cartridge to make these.

I added a rhinestone over the diamond in her ring and then put UTEE over the charm and baked it.  The rhinestone held up perfectly, and it won't fall off as it is baked  into the UTEE.  I added two jump rings and put a pink bead on the top ring.  Then I printed the diamond ring image from the Greeting Cards Inside and Out cart and punched a couple of holes to thread a ribbon through the card and the charm.  They are packaged in lollipop bags from the craft store.   I really like how they came out, and will be making more for sure.  

This is my pre-shrunk plastic

These are post baking with the beaded jump rings, rhinestones and UTEE 

These are all packaged up and ready to be mailed


If you are looking for a good shrinky dink tutorial using the imagine, you can try here:

http://www.withglitteringeyes.com/2011/08/shrinky-dink-charms-on-imagine.html

I used Nadia's tutorial to get myself comfortable with this process.  It is thorough and amazingly well done.   Thanks, Nadia!

20 comments:

  1. Oh Wow Diane I love these! Did you print the image onto the shrink paper from your Imagine?
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Diane, these are so fabulous!! I have the same question as Jayne :) The color is so vibrant and beautiful!! LOVE these!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Jayne and Lisa. Yes, I did print these out with my imagine on shrinky dink inkjet plastic. I printed in draft quality and when they shrink, the color came out perfect.

    Here is a link to a great shrinky dink tutorial if you are interested:

    http://www.withglitteringeyes.com/2011/08/shrinky-dink-charms-on-imagine.html

    I had to cut my plastic with the deep cut housing/blade to get a good cut. Others have had success without the deep cut blade, but I could not get a good cut with the regular blade.

    Thanks, ladies, for always visiting and leaving the best comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! I love, love, love your charms! So cute-- and I just ordered this cart so I see charms from this one getting made sometime soon! I love that you put a rhinestone on it! So good to know that works!!

    I can imagine that there will be 25 thrilled swappers when they get your charm! And your packaging is just perfect-- love that pink ribbon and giant ring!!

    Thanks for the link to my blog-- that was super sweet! I am glad you found it helpful!

    You should send a link to this project to Curt Jensen. I bet he would love to see this project!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! These are amazing! You could sell these, Diane! I've never seen anything like them! I'm so glad you gave us a close-up too. And what a great idea to use UTEE to make sure the gem stays on. I really am blown away by the charms to the fantastic packaging into which you've put each one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute Diane! I love how you packaged them up too with the diamond ring on the card.Everyone will be so lucky to receive one of these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness... those are fantastic!! I want an Imagine now just so I can make these! Hahahhha
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this Diane!!! They are sooo stinkin' CUTE! If you make anymore... I would LOVE to have one.... What a great Charm! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so AWESOME Diane! What size did you start out with before they shrunk?? I gotta give this a try-these are so cute!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. LLLLLOOOOVVVVVEEEE them! I can't wait to get one! I baked in a rhinestone too! Great minds must think alike! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Diane -

    These are adorable!!! I love how you added rhinestones onto them. They look as if they were designed specifically for this purpose. Thank you so much for sharing this with me. I will be making a set of charms with this cartridge now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My hubby, Curt, could hardly wait to tell me about this darling project! I may just have to ask him for a greeting cards inside and out charm bracelet for Mother's Day now! :) What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my word this is the cutest!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy cow!!! This is just darling - I totally love all of your elements including the rhinestone with the UTEE technique! You really made such a lovely gift from the charm itself to the packaging and backing! Hat's off to you, Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They look fabulous:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Beyond amazing! I must pay more attention on the mb. This looks like it was a lot of fun and you did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. D, I am so impressed! Really! I don't know why, because I already saw them, but I am impressed as if it's the first time. In love again. After I read you the details how you made them, speechless. You baked them with UTEE. This is too cool! Great result! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These look amazing! All of your work looks so perfect and professional, Diane. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS!!!! I love them!!!! You did such a great job on them!!!

    ReplyDelete