Saturday, March 3, 2012

Are You Going to Drink That?

Made this shaped card for the My Craft Spot challenge this week.  You can see it here:

I am also linking this up with Pink By Design's Kiss Me, I'm Irish Challenge here:

I used dimensional paint on the foam along with coarse glitter....a Michele Kovack trick.   I also used crackle paint on the blue part of the glass, and the shamrock tied to the bow is another shrinky dink charm made with the imagine.  The outside of this says "Some say the glass is half full, some say the glass is half empty....."
The inside says, "I say, "Are You Going to Drink That?"  :)  Makes me laugh anyway.

Hope you are all well and safe today.....this weather is crazy!

23 comments:

  1. Diane Thank You for sharing the trick-- I would never have guessed how you got this fabulous effect if you had not shared the secret!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love,love,love it! Great dimension to the foam and cute shamrock.But my all time favourite part is the sentiment...so funny!
    Jayne x

    Thanks for joining us at My Craft Spot this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect St Paddy's day card - love how you combined all of the elements into such a fun and fabulous card. Your foam is perfect, the charm is charming, and the entire card is memorable and fun! Great job, D!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Diane, this is so stinkin cute!! I love the sentiment!! Ha!! And the sparkly foam is so awesome!! What a great card!! I absolutely love it!! :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a great trick to get that foamy look, it turned out so cool! Loving the crackle look on the glass also...you pulled out all the tricks on this one! Fabulous card my tricky friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, he is just the cutest thing! You are so amazingly creative. How long does it take to make a card this cute! Details sure make it and you are amazing at them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! Its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Makes me laugh too, Diane! LOL! I would most likely be the one asking that question! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhh I LOVE this!!! Diane... you did a fab job with the glitter and the crackle paint... It puts a big ole' smile on my face.... toooo CUTE! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE IT!! That is adorable!!! I couldn't give the card away... too cute!!
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card!
    Thanks for playing along at My Craft Spot this week.
    Candy
    candyscraftcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so creative when it comes to cards! I am envious! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Love the dimensional paint and glitter! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THIS!!!Oh, how darn cute is this mug! I love the glitter and cute leprechaun! I need to make some charms-such a great idea Diane!
    Fantastic card!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super cute card! I love the little leprechaun. Thanks for joining in on the Pink by Design blog hop. Melisa

    ReplyDelete
  16. So adorable! I love that you used patterned paper for the beer, and the sentiment is just so cute! Thanks for joining us over at Pink by Design!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable card! Love all the cute details! Fun!!
    Tracy M

    ReplyDelete
  18. Seriously??? This is the cutest St. Patrick's Day Card EVER!!!! Love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is soooo cute!! love the sparkles!! :) Tanks for linking up over at PBD!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh how cute is this:) Loving your card!! Thanks for joining us over at Pink By Design!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is adorable! What a wonderful shape card! I just love the little leprechaun dancing by the big mug of beer. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You did an awesome job on the card. What great details. Thanks for all the tips. Way to cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this card!!! can you tell me what cartridge you use for this. I would like to make one. Love everything about the card....Way to cute!!!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete