Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hoppy Easter

This card was made with  more flocked paper from T.....so pretty in person.  It is on a hinge and opens to reveal a surprise.  Be sure to check out all the pictures to get the idea of it.  The crocheted flowers were made by my friend and Cricut Message Board member, TatianaBelova.  She is selling them here if you want to check her out:    http://main.cricut.com/community/Cricut-Community_postst120241_Crochet-Flower-Wish-List.aspx.  Her prices are great and her work is gorgeous.  You won't be sorry.

See the tuft of hair on my bunny....my daughter Madison looked like this until she was 4.  I thought her hair would never grow and now it's thick like a pony's mane.

In response to some questions I have gotten on this:  The hinge is indeed a brad....I used a white pearl brad in the center of the two crocheted flowers.  The egg is from Easter 2010.  I did cut the zig zag portion in the middle of the egg by hand.  The bunny is from Simply Charmed.  If anyone uses Cricut Craft Room and would like this file, let me know and I will email it to you.  The egg is 6.5 inches tall (measuring the largest scalloped piece).  The bunny is 5 inches tall.  I did not cover the legs of the brad in the back, but now that Tatiana has asked, that is a good idea, and I will cover the legs with a green leave shape that I can allow to stick out from behind the flower as well.  The pink part of the egg was glued to the yellow scalloped egg before I cut the zig zag through the middle with scissors.  Then I used small round foam dots to attach the bottom piece of cracked egg to the white egg shape that is the back of the card.  This allows a small pocket just wide enough for the bunny to slip in and out of.  If I were making this again, I think I'd make the back portion of the card patterned, so when you opened the egg, you saw something besides white.  If you have any other questions, please ask.  I may not be quick, but I will respond.  Thanks for visiting me.



25 comments:

  1. Wow..this flocked paper is so much fun! I love your adorable Easter egg card...too cute! And what a cute little surprise on the inside, how sweet! My youngest son also rocked a similar hair do until he was about a year and a half. Then he grew this thick, jet black mane of hair...must be something to starting out life with crazy hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOO cute!! What a fun card! The little baby/bunny is an adorable surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I LOVE this! What an adorable easter card and such a cute little surprise that pops out:) very creative and I just love this idea:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute and fun card awesome job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this one too! Super creative use of an egg and a hinge. The flower and flock (TatianaBelova, design genius) are terrific. I love your darling bunny baby with her oh so cute tuft of hair! And her little bunny feet - I can just see them thumping....I may have to try one of these hinge cards myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YOur card is so cute-- I love the way it swings open and the cute bunny with the adorable hair style is a heart stealer!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just adorable and I love the tuft of hair!Your swing card is fabulous and such a cute surprise.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the cutest card I ever saw, I also love the idea with the hinge. Tell me how did you cover the "legs" of the brad in the back? Great paper and I think Pk faces are just too cute, they make any project look fantastic! Bunny's hair is perfect, I should find Dana's pictures when she was 2-4, a dandelion, no less. Hugs, T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diane, you are so clever...this is AWESOME!! Wow!! I am definitely going to have to scraplift this!! The little pop out bunny baby is so stinkin sweet!! I love the tuft of hair :) This is just fabulous my friend!!

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a cute card and idea !!! LOVE the little fibers of hair LOL LOL tooo cute ! great job thanks for linking up with us at Peachy Keen this week !!!!

    www.scrappinwithmybug.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is totally awesome. Wonderful job on it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a little cutie! thanks for sharing on the PKS challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. A different style of card , in nice shape and colors.
    Plastic Card
    Plastic Cards

    ReplyDelete
  14. So neat!!! Love that little surprise inside your card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously... you made this? Oh my word it is the cutest EVER!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. How clever! I love this idea! Thanks for sharing at PKS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The bunny is too cute!! Check out my blog I have left you an award... charlottescricutweb.blogspot.com

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi DIANE! I've been sooo busy lately... finally got a chance to come by to say HI! I LOVE this card... it's soooo CUTE with that little bunny coming out and I love how the egg opens!! I also checked out your other posts and they are just as CUTE! I'm hoping this week will be a little slower.... Glad I got a chance to see what you've been up too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your Easter Egg and the bunny is way cool. i would like to know what cartridge did you use for the egg and what is the size of the egg and the bunny?
    bellr55@charter.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just stopping by to say hi, Diane!! I hope you are having a great week :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Diane :) I just love your card! I'd really like to make one like this. Can you give more details? What is the hinge? Is it a brad? Also, do you secure the bunny in there or just leave it loose?

    Thanks so much for the adorable idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. super cute, Diane! Love, love, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Diane -

    I had to return and add my thanks for sharing the construction details of your fabby egg and bunny card. It is so clever and original - just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super cute! It is sooo much fun! I so wanna try it! My boys would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. GOOD GRIEF!!! That is adorable!!! I want one!!!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete