Sunday, July 17, 2011

A Joy Sikes Scraplift

My friend Joy has the most amazing talent.  She makes the most gorgeous card I've ever laid eyes on.  Her blog address (although I'm sure you all know her) is www.joy-purttypaperz.blogspot.com.   Last night, I realized I needed a baptism card for today.   It was 8:30 pm.  I knew I wanted something with a cross, so I knew exactly where to look to find something gorgeous that I wouldn't have to think about.  I was still up until 11:30 putting it together, but if I'd stayed up all night, I'd have never come up with something this gorgeous.  Here is Joy's card.  Mine is a complete scraplift, just boyed up for my nephew's baptism today.
Thanks for looking, and to Joy, love ya, my friend!

3 comments:

  1. So, so pretty! You did a wonderful job on your card. And I agree...you could not have chosen any better inspiration than Joy...she is amazing! I love your card and congrats to your nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh D...you make me proud !!!! 1st of all I'm tickled that you liked my card enough to "lift " it !! Your card is beeeautiful !!! Love the colors and that cross is pretty too. The entire card is Purtty!!!! I know I have been MIA, but I have been in Selma tending to my Mother.After we got back from SC on Wed. my brother called on Sat to say that Mother was in the ER....she had a mini stroke ( TIA) I know you are familiar with them. She is fine now, but I'm not sure that I have gotten over sleeping on a hospital cot ! Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeh I sent you a lil sumffin sumffin today. I only hope I got everyones addy's correct.I swear I have been doing some stupid stuff lately!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really beautiful. It's great you knew where to look for such a card. But you made it your own style. I love Joy and her cards!
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete