Wednesday, July 13, 2011

So Sweet - An Imagine Card

This card was inspired by a project I saw by Nadia H.  McConnell on the Cricut messageboard.  Nadia's blog address is http://www.withglitteringeyes.blogspot.com/.  You should check her out if you don't follow already.  Nadia does amazing things with paper people.  She glues and chops, and transforms flatness into multidimensional works of art.  She altered a figure from the Yummy Imagine cart that I loved, and I thought I'd give it a shot.  It's elementary, but for a first effort, I'm ok with it.  I am kind of disappointed that the actual piece of candy that is the shaped card is not more round.  And, I'm not loving the final result of everything put together.  The colors are not as vibrant as I hoped.  I made this for my neighbors, who gave me a beautiful rosary for a graduation gift.  I may make them another and give this to my daughter....she's 12 and she loves all things bling, so she loves it.  Thanks for visiting!

4 comments:

  1. Diane, this is just too,too cute! I love everything about it and I think the colors are just perfect! Love the shape, the embossing and the bling, cute as can be! And I agree with you about Nadia...she is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't know where to start, D !!! LOve the candy shape...the papers are wonderful...love that woman and look at all that bling and the ribbon!!! I love it!!! I took a nap this afternoon and I dreamed about you! lol I dreamed that you and lots of your family members lived in Gatlinburg Tn...back in the woods.Y'all were all sitting on the front porch of a rustic cabin and I screamed...there's my friend Diane, but everytime I approached you, you went somewhere else. The last time I saw you, you were galloping off on a horse. I thought that was real strange ( The entire dream was strange) but now that I'm at your blog...maybe the horse being in the dream wasn't so strange after all!!
    :) xoxox Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute. Love the girl. I really like the result. You should give this one to your neighbors and make another one for your daughter. By the way what does she make with your cards? I never gave any cards to my girls.
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the colors in this.

    ReplyDelete