Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Father's Day Golf Card

I was messing around on the internet last night and found a tutorial to fold a dollar like a shirt and tie.  When I was done, I thought,  now how can I use this on a card....and it was my daughter, Kate, who said, can you make  person for it?  I sat down on my computer, opened up Design Studio, and this is the result. It's a happy card, but it was a lot of work...so many cuts.....I used All Sports for the golf cart, Everyday Pop Up Cards for the mug of beer, and Everyday Paper Dolls for the golfer and all his golfing stuff.  The tutorial to fold the dollar is on youtube.  Just search "shirt and tie dollar" and you should find it.  It was kinda tough to follow in some portions, but stick with it and say some bad words and then things will happen for you. ;)  I can't wait for the rest of my lillies to bloom.....there's 4 colors in there.....my daughter wanted me to order them from QVC.  Good call, Maddie!  Thanks for taking a peek!

6 comments:

  1. Cute...cute...cute !!! I love all the details and that shirt really is adorable ! You need to enter this card in the challenge this week at my craft spot !
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hoppin over to my blog and leaving me some love !! I need your address. I have a lil summin summin for ya...don't get all worked up.You can send it to me on the MB if you want to or email me at Sikj3@aol.com. Thanks....I hope the temperature up there in Yankee land isnt as hot as it is down here ! 99 in the shade with a heat index of 105!!!! You be careful when your out running....I'd hate for you to fall out !
    xoxoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing card! I am glad you added your blog button on the MB, i was wondering if you have one. Tatiana.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness...that is just so stinkin' cute! I love the way you folded the dollar, how cute is that! And the way you put together the golf cart and golfer is just fabulous...love the whole thing, what a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane -

    THIS IS AMAZING!!! You sure spent a lot of time on this one and I am sure he LOVED it!!!! Fabulous job!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! This is a great card, I will be lifting this also. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete