Got pulled into being some sort of class mom for one of my kiddos this year after being assured I would have to do "nothing." Apparently, "nothing" means you supply the kleenex and disinfectant wipes for the year. It also means you have to buy a vase, make a card, and collect one flower from each kid for a bouquet during teacher appreciation week. And, the kicker, you spend $40 on a tile for an end of year gift that each kid is supposed to come and sign and give you $2 toward, but only 6 kids show up (including your own). How sad is that? I'm embarassed to give her the thing, and it's going to hang on the corridor in the school. I may have to move. :) Alabama, here I come! So, here's the card I made for her to go along with the end of year gift. And, the kicker, I don't like it. I combined some cricut cuts with an image from the imagine, and I think it looks weird. Would have been better to keep it all cricut or imagine, but it's done, and I'm not doing it again. I have a bad attitude, huh?
I'll get your room ready for the move !! wooohooo I think this card is DARLING!!! I just love the shape of this one and the way you personalized it !! Oh the joy's of being class mom....I remember well!
ReplyDeletexoxo Joy
I love this card! I think it's a great combination with the Expression and Imagine ... I'm going to scraplift it! What cartridges did you use?
ReplyDeleteI too was a Class Mom ... although I wasn't ... so what that meant was this year I got to send in 99 boxes of tissues and a pile of other supplies that no one ever thanked me for! It was a great year for my daughter but it left me totally uninspired when it came to making a card ... I started a couple times but never got finished ... This is just what I needed for inspiration! We have a spare room if you want to head to NJ! lol
Thank you for stopping by my blog ... I've posted some of the projects I did before I figured out this blog thing ... and I still have a couple more to go ... I'd love your feedback if you have a chance :) I didn't think anyone actually looked at my blog! lol ...
Thanks Kimberly for the kind words! I am glad I was not the only frustrated class mom. A quick thanks would have taken the edge off for me too. For this card, I used Design Studio to weld together some basic shapes from the George cartridge. I added the apple and books from Hello Kitty Greetings and the little girl is from the Best Friends cartridge. If you have Design Studio and want the cut file, I'd be glad to email it to you. Just let me know. Thanks again! Diane
ReplyDeleteOh, Diane, I love the card. Your post made me chuckle -- always avoid being class mom anywhere (school, ballet, scouting, anything!). Well, you make an excellent comeback from the tile with this awesome card! I am sure she loved it.
ReplyDeleteWow - you need a hug!!! (((HUGS))) I am sorry you had a rough time! But the card is so wonderful and I am sure it will be appreciated! My Mama was my room mother (and I think most of my brothers' room mother - there are four boys then me), and I don't know how she did it. Bake sales, gifts, parties, I mean - I just don't know. Keep your head up and keep going... you can do it!
ReplyDeleteMary
It's a great card.
ReplyDelete