Saturday, June 18, 2011

A Music Teacher Thanks

My daughter asked me to make a card for her music teacher, who is leaving at the end of the school year.  He was hired to fill in for a music teacher to took a year off when she had her baby.  He was "tough" to quote my kiddo, but she learned alot.  Personally, I liked him and will be sad to see him go.  I would like this card much better if I had done the staff (I think that's what it's called) black instead of gold and glittered.  I think it would have looked much cleaner, but it's done, and I'm not pulling it apart, as tempted as I was to do just that.  And, my sentiment is stamped crooked.  What is the secret to stamping straight?  I will have to do some research....there has to be a trick (she hopes feverishly).  So, all in all, I guess it's a good thing he is leaving, so he can't tell people about my crooked, glittery card next year.  LOL! 

4 comments:

  1. Oh perfect! I bet he loved it! I need a music teacher card too! My daughter had an amazing music teacher this year and she got pulled to teach the G&T class ~ good for her but sad for us! What cartridge did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kimberly! I made the music staff (the lines the notes sit on, cuz I don't know if that's the right word) using Design Studio and George. The notes and music symbols are from Quarter Note. The tag shape that I stamped on is from Elegant Edges. I'll be checking your blog to see what you come up with for your music teacher card! Welcome to the world of card making!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Girl...thats why I don't stamp much at all, it makes me cuss way too much! I love this card ! Love the gold and black and the inside says it all!

    ReplyDelete