Thursday, August 4, 2011

Joy's Bee Visits the Casa di Vinci

This card was made with a sizzix bee that I call "Joy's Bee."  Joy Sikes, my amazingly talented and sweet friend, knows that I LOVE this bee.  She found one and sent it to me, along with some ribbon, buttons, and other fun and fabulous crafting goodies that I absolutely adore.  Of course, I was dying to use this bee.  Joy does amazing things with it...and it might be the cutest thing I've ever seen.  So, when I needed to make a thank you card for our friends, the Vinici's, who let my  husband and kids stay with them when they were making their way back home from a SC vacation, I designed it around Joy's Bee.  I used sentimentals for the hive, WIMG for the sign, and the flowers are from Mother's Day Bouquet.  I just love how it came out.  Thanks, my friend.  I absolutely adore this die!
 

4 comments:

  1. Diane, what a super cute card...love it. ~Shen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great name for that cute little bee, named after a wonderfully talented lady, I love it! And what a cute little bee it is! Love the sign, that is such a sweet touch, I'm sure your friends will love this card, it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, Diane! Thanks for all the comments about my recent cards. I think I found my mojo again. I will be heading to Rockport, MA for one more vacation week on Sat 13. So I feel like I want to use as much time as possible on making cards. I love this bee, it always attracted me on Joy's cards. I have exactly the same stamp from sizzix, maybe I'll just color it one day for a card. BTW your colors are not usual too, I would never use these colors on the beehive, but rather yellow with black. Great job!
    Tatiana

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, what an absolutely adorable blog. It didn't take me long to click on "follow me"! :-)

    Looking forward to snooping around some more! :-)

    ReplyDelete