Thursday, April 12, 2012

A First Communion Shaped Card

This card was made for my son, who makes his First Communion on the 29th....in case you couldn't tell. ;)  I used a png file from here for the First Communion boy.  The rest of the shapes were pulled from the internet and traced and manipulated in Make the Cut.  I love the combination of my Cameo and this software.  And, yes, I know flowers and bling for a boy?  This is a big day....he will have to overlook it!  Thanks for visiting  me today!

This is the cake that was made to match the card.  Thank to Audra at Mad Hatter Bakery in Newport.  She rocks!

 

10 comments:

  1. DIane, this is absolutely precious! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It came together nicely! MTC and the Cameo is an awesome combination! I love the flowers on the card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW Diane! This is wonderful! I want to say Beautiful... but I don't want to offend your son!(You know to girlie or something) LOL Congrats on his Communion.... I remember when my older boys did their's... In fact.... my middle sons communion was 5 days after I gave birth to my 3rd son! OUCH! I tell ya what... I certainly wasn't dressed all pretty for that day! LOL Oh and I wanted to comment on the comment you left me about the EGGS! YES 30 eggs! LOL We LOVE eggs! I make potato salad with them and egg salad sandwiches and chef salads and well just plain old eggs! LOL We only have about 12 left now! It's ALL good! tehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a stunning and thoughtful card - and perfectly appropriate for a young man celebrating a spiritual achievement. The flowers are perfect - one need only look at images for St Anthony to see the relationship! And the cross is very European. I don't see bling - I see stained glass and light! And the best part of all - it is for your son and he'll always treasure it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Diane...you've done it again! What a wonderful card and keepsake for your son. I love the shape, the cross is beautiful and the little boy is just precious! This is an amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sure is an unique creation Diane just like all your fabulous stuff!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This card is amazing! Love the shape and all the cuts! I'm sure your son will treasure it! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy first communion to your son!! I (sorta) remember mine...mostly though pictures :) This card is just gorgeous!! I love the little boy...he is so sweet!! What a beautiful keepsake to remember a special day!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend my friend :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aaaw, you shaped card is hands down..the sweetest! I LOVE this cut. You did a FANTASTIC job on this card. Love everything about it!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete