Friday, April 6, 2012

Soups/Salads Recipe Page

This is a recipe page for the 6 x 6 cookbook swap I am in with some members of the cricut circle board.  A quick thank you goes out to my friend, T., who looks at these and gives me her honest opinion.  It's hard to judge your own work, and I want it to be good for my swap partners.  Another shout out goes to T. for sending me the ribbon I used on this card and the background paper.  She knows what I need before I need it.  How lucky I am to have found such a connection.  I also added a Venus Di Milo statue charm to the top of the pot.  It is a little silver piece that I got from ebay.   My much missed and adored mom sent me this recipe years ago, and it has become a favorite of my family.  It is simple and tasty, and perfect on a cold winter afternoon with grilled cheese.

8 comments:

  1. Too cute, my friend! Such a great paper choice, love the paper on the soup bowl. And how perfectly this ribbon goes with the bowl colors. Thanks for mentioning my name again, no matter what you get from me, the most important that it's your talent that makes it look perfect. Love the cute faces on the spoon and the salt. You know I am not a fan of American food, but whatever you cook will be delicious, somehow I know it, I'd love to try some Venus Di Milo Soup. Great charm, such a perfect detail for this page. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is adorable ..you make the cutest projects Diane...I love the spoon and how you have made this literally come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this page - from a design and sentimental perspective. How wonderful to pass on this legacy recipe to your Kate and your swap partners. I think we are really hitting the jackpot on this one - love the charm, the history, the sneezing pepper, the smiling spoon, the colors, and the textures, and it sounds yummy too! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a CUTE Recipe page! You come up with the cutest things! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an awesome recipe page!! I love your design...fabulous :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute! I love this idea. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your page is super! How perfect you found the little charm for it too! And the little images are such fun touches!
    I zoomed in to read the recipe. I'm going to have to give this a go sometime. I love to make soups!

    ReplyDelete