Monday, November 7, 2011

Cherub Christmas

This card was made for a Christmas card challenge I am doing with a couple of good friends that inspire me daily.  Thanks, Joy and Tatiana, for including me.  We are trying to get our Christmas cards done while having a little fun.  Pop on over here if you want to check out the challenge.  Love to have you join!

The little cherub on this card was a scraplift/straight out steal from Jeannie Phillips.  You can see her card here.  I loved her cherub cards, and really wanted to try my hand at making my own.  Thank you, Jeannie!  I sure do miss Jeannie's card making days, but her needlework is to die for.

The Christmas tree and sparkly star on this card were cut from some paper that Tatiana sent me.  I made myself cut it, but I wanted to save it...forever. ;)  The tree comes from the Christmas solutions cart.  The cherub is from New Arrival.  I hand cut hearts for his wings because they were hard to size on DS.  The cherub's hair is from PDDU.  The clouds are two clouds welded from the Serenade solutions cart.  I hand cut the snow and used coarse glitter on it.  


I am going to use the sentiment "He who has not Christmas in his heart will never find it under a tree" inside.  I think it's perfect for my little bare-butt baby.  Thanks for looking and leaving me comments.  They make my day.  Hope you'll join in and find a little holiday mojo if you've been slacking off, like me. ;) 



13 comments:

  1. Oh beautiful. Just beautiful! Thank you for the compliments...you did me proud!
    Hugs
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Diane!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee...hee...that is the cutest little "bare butt" cherub I have ever seen! What a cutie pie! This card is just too, too cute, I love it! Oh my goodness you brought a smile to my face today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's totally darling - I love the "cheek" blush! And a perfect sentiment. You are inspiring me to get started on some cards!

    Great details on your blog and I'll be heading to Jeannie's to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane I understand how you felt when you had to cut the gorgeous paper-- I hoard gorgeous paper since I feel the same way!!Such a sweet little cherub you have made holding the star and the 3 D hair!!
    PS: Thank You so much for the lovely comments on my blog- your comments are always so heart felt and wonderful
    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card Diane.Love your little 'cheeky' cherub.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make Beautiful stuff Miss Diane!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your card so much, this cute little cherub makes me smile. What a great idea to use this paper on the tree, it looks as if it is an intricate cut overlay and not the paper. I am so happy that we stated this challenge at last. After a hard day I always find inspiration in you, my friends to make more cards. Thank you.
    T.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a sweet, beautiful card! I love the little Cherub!
    Tracy M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too cute! Love the rosy "cheeks" LOL Too bad Jeannie quit making cards. You 've done a fab job with her inspiration. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable!!! I love the little cherub - so cuuuuute!! And the tree is fabulous!! This is awesome my friend - I LOVE it!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I did see this on the MB and wanted to play but just ran out of time. Your card is wonderful - and that tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete