Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Most Precious Jewels

Made this card for my high school friend who recently became a grandma.  It was made with George, Elegant Edges, and A Child's Year.  The inside sentiment inspired the card....it says "The most precious jewels you will ever wear around your neck are the arms of your grandchildren."  Is that fabulous or what?

10 comments:

  1. What a great image for a new grandmother! I especially like the way you added a pearl necklace. That's such a wonderful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great sentiment.Your Grandmother looks so young!Love it!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I ~love~ that sentiment...sounds like the quote of a true grandmother. And your card...it is fabulous! I love the shape, the colors, the images and pearls are just perfect! What a lovely, lovely card. I just know that your friend is going to treasure this card always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet poignant effect you have achieved here--Very touching card. I can feel a warm fuzz by just looking at it!![He He My husband would say we crafters are crazy if he reads that]

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely sentimant for a new grandma and you've captured it so perfectly. Beautiful! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful sentiment, and so true! My grandson is in the terrible teens now, but I wouldn't have it any other way! He is my most precious jewel. Your friend is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so precious, Diane!

    I love all of the touches - the blue, the pearls, the shape, and the sentiment.

    I'm sure it will bring a happy tear to her eyes!

    LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow, what a gorgeous card, Diane! I love the unique shape and the colors you used! That sentiment is so beautiful! Your friend will love this :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diana, this is just gorgeous! I love the cut, it is so precious! I am anxiously waiting for my daughter to have her baby this wk. She will be induced on Wed so we will have our first Grandchild...yeah, I can't even begin to say how thrilled we are.
    Your card is perfect and I "LOVE" the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. D, I love this card. The shadow on the Mom and baby cut looks like it's glowing. Beautiful frame shape and I love those pearls. Great job!

    ReplyDelete