Monday, November 21, 2011

Santa Slackers Ornament Challenge

I made this card for the Santa Slackers Christmas Card Challenge on the cricut messageboard.  The challenge this week is to make a card using any ornament and add a bow if possible.  I was dying to try my new PK stamps so I had to make something with a face.  I chose Santa, who came together with Paper Doll Dress Up.  The ornament is a shape that I welded from the Christmas Cheer cart.  The scalloped oval is from Elegant Edges.  I found this Pebbles paper at a small "mom and pop" shop outside Albany NY when I picked my daughter up for her Thanksgiving break.  I will be making this shop a regular stop on my college pick up and drop off trips.  Loved their paper selection - and they carried PK stamps!  I could resist them online, but not in person. ;)  Thanks for visiting today.  Hope you have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Ooohh, Diane, this is so awesome!! The embossing on Santa's beard is so perfect and it makes the whole ornament pop!! The colors are fabulous! Gorgeous, gorgeous!

    I have two sets of PK stamps I haven't had a chance to use yet...you have inspired me my friend :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Diane.The ornaments and DP are fabulous but the star of the show is your cute Santa with his pretty face and embossed beard.Great job.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this, Diane! The ornament is fabulous and Santa's face looks fantastic! I especially like the embossed beard - and the eyes are perfect! So glad you got to use your face stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the embossing!
    Tracy M

    ReplyDelete
  5. ~LOVE~ this! Ok, the ornament shape is just fabulous, the papers are so pretty and I love the jingle bell! Santa is a cutie pie with that sweet little PK face and embossed beard. Another fabulous Christmas card to add to your stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE those papers....Sandi and I both thought they may have been printed from your I....I love em, no matter where they came from! You did a great job with the PK stamps...you go girl! The 1st time I used them, I had to go back and cut more faces....I found that I press down too hard on the ink pad...live and learn ! Darling card, as usual!!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane what a beautiful creation -- I love the shape and the texture on your santas beard. The tiny red flowers are gorgeous .
    Thank You so much for the heartfelt comments on my salt dough craft.Such a touching story you have shared.Bless you


    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Diane, this is an absolute PERFECT creation! I love your papers, ribbon, embossing….everything. Sooooo pretty.

    Did you see that ShopPumpkinSpice is having a DT call?????

    Happy Thanksgiving, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just wanted to stop by and say that I hope you had a very safe, happy and blessed Thanksgiving with your family, Diane!!

    Hugs, Lisa :)
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How super cute and bright! Love your paper choices and Santa is adorable! Nice to find a cool shop on the drive, too. Hope you had a fab Thanksgiving. xxD

    ReplyDelete