Sunday, October 9, 2011

An Awareness.....Pumpkin

I used a couple shades of pink vinyl and the Pink Journey cart to decorate this awareness pumpkin for my sister.  The ribbon roses were a gift from my friend, T., and they are the perfect bed for a pretty crystal guardian angel sun catcher (who has light pink wings)  that I added so my sister can pull it off and remember she's not alone in her fight long after the pumpkin has gone to that great pumpkin patch in the sky.   I used a spray on acrylic sealer that I hope will help the vinyl make it through the month...even pumpkins get their bling on in my house.  Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

  1. Diane only you could transform a pumpkin into pink!! Love your creativity

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and creation !!! Its the purrtiest pumpkin I have ever seen! I have never used vinyl, but I'm thinking I might need to give it a try. Love the roses on top!! I'm working on a project now and I'm using the lighter pink roses. I hope it turns out as pretty as your one of a kind pumpkin !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply wonderful! Your sister will cherish the "angel" forever, but that Pumpkin will last a long time with so much LOVE on it! Very very pretty!!
    TinaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea and so well executed!!! Here's hoping it lasts through the month or longer - and how completely appropriate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous, pink, blinged out pumpkin! Your sister is sure to love this! I wish her strength in her fight! What a fun way to show her that she's not alone...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative, fabulous project, Diane! This is so beautiful and the ribbon rose bed for the crystal angel is gorgeous! I absolutely love it! I hope it gives strength to your sister!

    I'm back from a two week vacation out West visiting several national parks and fabulous cities, trying to get caught up! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog while I was gone, even though I couldn't visit you back. I truly appreciate it! I'm off to see your projects I've missed while I was gone so I apologize in advance for inundating your inbox with comments :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blinging the pumpkins!! Now I have seen it all! Love what you are doing for your sister, promoting Breast Cancer Awareness. We all have someone who has been down this road or are still going through it, and your creativity is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a beautiful pumpkin, Diane. I am glad you posted it. Great use for the rose trim! Looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful idea and this turned out awesome! I love the angel suncatcher androse trim. Great job!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is SUCH a fantastic idea! Your pumpkin looks amazing - and is such a great way to support the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I absolutely LOVE your pumpkin! What a wonderful and original idea! I love the pink tulle and rosettes! So pretty! I've never used vinyl before but I'm totally inspired to try it now that I've seen your precious pretty pink pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful way to decorate a pumpkin. I know your sister will love it and I wish your sister the best in her fight. Thank you so much for sharing with us.
    Thank you for your comment on my blog, I'm glad I didn't bore you.

    ReplyDelete