Monday, October 24, 2011
Boo Buckets
I am laughing like an evil genius. I plan to "BOO" my own kids tonight. I made them each a plastic bucket using my cricut and vinyl. I found the buckets at Michael and the beading that is glued around the edges is from Joann's. Both buckets have an image on one side and a name on the other. I did make three of these, but one is sitting in a dorm room in Rochester waiting to be opened on Halloween. I plan to set them up on my porch when my kids aren't paying attention to where Mom went along with that creepy tombstone from the Dollar Store tonight. Of course, I'm going to get them primed by taking them BOOing for real. One basket has been prepared for each kid to pick a friend. Then we'll come home, and they'll be all excited about their deliveries. Then I'll disappear. I'm going to ring the bell, which is a scary thing in itself because I have an old hand-cranked door bell. You turn a key outside and it rings what sounds like a fire station bell on the inside of my door. It makes me jump every time it goes off. Then, this is the genius part, I'm going to hide in the bushes with silly string and jump out at them and spray when they pick these buckets up. I hope I don't have to use CPR on anyone. They are going to be so mad at me. Ah, they'll get over it. Wouldn't you love it if I was your ma?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


How fun does that sound? Always fun to find a treat, but knowing the work you put into it will be so rewarding for you when you see their faces light up- especially after they have delivered such wonderful treats to others!! What a very fun idea and your kids will always remember this for many many years to come!! What a great tradition for them!!! I will give you my address so you can come and "BOO" me!!!
ReplyDeleteTinaB
Ha - this sounds so awesome!! You need to set up a hidden camera before you jump out of the bushes with silly string so we can all watch this, you evil genius!! So much fun!! I love Halloween :D
ReplyDeleteLisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Cute! Thanks for sharing, Joann
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness...I can hear your evil laugh now! You really need to have a video of this and post it on Utube! Once your kids get over being scared half to death, they are soooo gonna love this! What fun!!! Keep us posted with the results...
ReplyDeleteaaackkk...I was so excited about your plan, I forgot to tell you how fabulous the buckets are! I love all the trim around the edges and they are slam full of Halloween goodies! Soooo worth getting scared half to death!
ReplyDeleteHi Diane, Very cute and fun!! I'm a new follower:) LOVE the blog design with the adorable owls
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Norma
You are just too funny!! This is awesome...I would love to be a bird in the tree watching this:) Have fun....
ReplyDeleteYour buckets are grest. Love the idea!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com
You are one fun character-- just reading about it makes me laugh!!
ReplyDeleteCheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com
LOL You really are bad !!! The children are going to love it...I know I would after the initial scare !! I love the dangly beading and all the goodies inside...woohooo !!!!
ReplyDeletexoxo Joy
How fun!
ReplyDeleteYour buckets are both Bootiful and SPOOKtacular!
ReplyDeleteI laughed so hard I nearly fell out of my chair at your comment on my blog, "I am halfway through cleaning my craft space, which means it's too late to change my mind. Painful." I can relate all too well, which is why I am trying this a little bit each day. Not sure if it will work any better, though!
So cute! I love them.
ReplyDeleteWhat lucky little spooks you have living at your house. I bet they just loved their surprise. What a fun idea, spread the fun out and not all candy. Too cute.
ReplyDeleteHa - you are a fabulous ma! Love all of the creative genius and thought that went into this. Did you need to put your CPR training to work? Seriously great work, Diane!
ReplyDeleteLove the buckets and love your 'evil' plans.Lol!
ReplyDeleteJayne x
What a great idea! I made a bag up for my Grandson who is giving out candy this year. I told him he was too old for tricker treating( he's 14).He plans on meeting them at the door with his skeleton mask that oozes blood. I hope he doen't scare the little ones too bad! Love the buckets!
ReplyDeleteHi D. You may not read my comment because I am always late with them. But I could tell you I would not want you to be my Ma! Never. This sounds so scary and no fun at all. I guess your kids know you better. Mine would definitely cry. Especially the older one. She is such a coward, she does not even let me go downstairs to pick up the mail. My Dad love to set pranks like this on April Fool's Day, it was funny after all but I always felt bad about his jokes. I know your trick turned out great. Happy Halloween! T.
ReplyDeleteOf course I look at your blog after Halloween. But next year Charlotte & Ariannette will have these baby's to carry around.
ReplyDelete