I apologize for the picture. It is hard to photgraph a glass block...especially with a cell phone camera, but we make due. This pair of square heads is so cute in person. I made the glass block by putting etching cream on the glass craft block I got from Michaels. After the etching was done to give it a frosted look, I cut the face from vinyl using Pumpkin Carvings and used transfer tape to apply the vinyl to the glass block. Then I tied on orange and black tulle and added a glass candy corn charm that is actually a wine glass charm I found for 50% off at Joann's. It's hard to see in the picture, look right under the bow. I found a string of 50 orange lights at Joann's too. I love the orange glow. It will brighten the dorm room.
Then I made a matching card using George and Pumpkin Carvings. I didn't love it until I used my xyron to cover it in Martha Steward coarse glitter. Then I added a bow to mimic the glass block and a small skull and cross bones charm.
This is this week's mailing to my college kiddo. I am also sending her one of those fake carvable pumpkins, an electric light, and a pumpkin carving kit so she doesn't miss the fun this week. Thanks for checking me out.
Oh my gosh, Diane, I LOVE this!! I am seriously going to have to scraplift this! What a fabulous project!! Your daughter will love it!! I want to line my windows with these!! You should also link this up with our Getting Cricky Simply Sunday Challenge - it's orange and black...perfect for the challenge :)
ReplyDeleteLisa
indymermaid.blogspot.com
Diane this is so cool! I love it! What an inspiration your daughter provides for you! The card is so great with all the glitter. And I am not even talking about the glass block, I will never be able to make this. I don't have the courage. I hope your baby is feeling better. Hugs. T.
ReplyDeleteThese are fantastic Diane.The glittery card is superb but I LOVE your glass block..really creative.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
What a super set! Your daughter will be thrilled! I love the way the card matches the glass block.
ReplyDeleteLove this! Don't ya just love those orange lights? I made one last year using the black cat from Halloween Carvings and the orange lights. Your daughter is gonna love it! I've been out of town for a few days, but wanted to tell you how much I LOVE my card! I knew the card was gorgeous when I saw it on your blog...but it's even more gorgeous sitting on the shelf in my craft room....hee...hee! Thank you for thinking of me....love it!
ReplyDeleteDiane...this is too cool!!! LOVE the block and the card that matches....way cool!!! Love it !!!
ReplyDeletexoxo Joy
I just bought one of these things at lowes . Can't wait to decorate it for Christmas.
ReplyDelete