Friday, October 28, 2011

Candy Corn Carriers

Made these two cute little bags from TBBM for the My Craft  Spot challenge this week.  The challenge was to use a clear element in your design.  I added the pumpkin cut out to one of the bags and  I cut out a pumpkin face in vinyl from Pumpkin Carvings and added it to my acetate element.  I put the turkey on the other bag, but used George to cut out only the oval belly for the transparency part so I could use paper elements for the rest of the turkey.  He's even got a real feather.  Hope he doesn't fly the coop.  Do turkeys even live in coops?   There is delicious caramel candy corn in the turkey bag.   I really dig 'em.  Hope you do too!

21 comments:

  1. These are too cute. They look so much better and more delicious with the candy inside. I never tried caramel candy corn. Love your creativity as usual! You need to find me on skype, I see you just posted and I was here at the same time.
    Love.
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love these, Diane!! That turkey is gobble-licious (hey, did I just make up a word??!!) and I love the cute pumpkin face! And now I'm craving candy corn...thank you so much! Love these adorable bags!! :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are fabulous Diane.Love the pumpkin aperture and how cute is your turkey.Thanks for playing at My Craft Spot.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok...you've done it again! How cute are these little guys?? I love them both...I keep scrolling up the page to look at them again...so stinkin' cute! Love that cute little pumpkin face and the turkey is adorable (love his feather). These just make me smile all over my face!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially love the candycorn pumpkin-- you make such unique stuff!~!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, now aren't those just darling!! What an adorable take on the little purse...I never think of things like this... I love them!! Loving the real feather too, what an awesome embellishment for that little Turkey!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet! you did a wonderful job on these, Dianne! Hope you win the challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well how adorable are these! Love 'em! Thanks for joining us this week at My Craft Spot!

    Aymee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these treat bags are the cutest!!! I LOVE the turkey..oh, he's so cute!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are both ADORABLE!!! I LOVE the turkey! He is super cute! Thanks for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Diane! Thank you for the nice compliment and following my blog during the Halloween blog hop last Thursday. I'm a new follower for you too! ;)

    I love the idea of the clear center for these treat bags. I also checked out some other projects you have done and I must say, I know it wasn't your favorite but I just loved the little penguin card you made with the beard! I'm looking forward to blogging with you!

    Susan
    cricutandgrasshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are SO cute, Dianne! I love the shaped windows you've added to your sweet little candy bags. Great job!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot.
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oops - I went overboard with the letter n in your name. Sorry Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are just adorable, Diane! Love the see through aspect. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the nice comments. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your sweet comment-appreciate the support!
    Happy Halloween!!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to stop by and say Happy Halloween my friend!! :)

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Diane, these are adorable "coops". I have three girlfriends that love candy corn, and I am always looking for ideas for fun packaging :)

    I want to thank you for all of your thoughtful comments on my blog. I appreciate each one! You actually read my posts :). I am getting ready to ride the auto train to Florida to see my grandmother, so I will be without Internet for a week unless I can pick up free wifi at mcdonalds or something. I just wanted to stop by your blog before I left.

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are SOOO cute !!! Your creativity is always over the top...I just love you and what you do with George !!
    xoxo Joy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great idea!
    http://natiquill.blogspot.com
    Nati from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! you have been very busy...

    ReplyDelete