Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The Club Penguin Sensei

My son has two birthday parties this weekend, and he came up with a custom order for the birthday cards.    lol....I've created a monster.  But it does take the pressure off me having to come up with an idea.  He wanted the sensei from the online game "Club Penguin".  This card is not one of my favorites, but I am posting it because it's pretty stinking accurate...and it took a lot of welding and shape searching to turn the Animal Kingdom penguin into this little grey guy.  I wanted to make him a shaped card, but it would have taken me too much time to figure out where to place everything so it lined up when I folded it, so I cheated and created an igloo shaped card to fasten him to.  His beard is made from Winter Frolic christmas trees turned upside down....don't know I find that so funny, but I do.  Thanks for visiting!  Here is a link to the master penguin if you want to see him....I'm so stinking close....http://www.clubpenguin.com/

7 comments:

  1. Ok, I am not HIP, so I have no idea who this little character is, even though you described him...hahahaha...but oh, is he cute! You have a lot of detail in this card...I don't know how you give them away... I would keep them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your igloo shaped card:) Great paper choice and love the embossing!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...I know NOTHING about Club Penguin, so I followed your link...you sure NAILED it! Wow, I don't think you could do anything to improve upon this little guy...so cute! I love the igloo behind him. That's not cheating that is referred to as a "creative license"! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane how sweet this is-- love the texture too
    Cheers from Bangalore ,India
    Dr Sonia S V
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also knew nothing about Club Penguin, so I checked out the link and oh my good gosh...you absolutely recreated him perfectly!! WOW, I am so impressed!! And the igloo behind him enhances the image!! This is so stinkin adorable -- I bet your son was so proud to give this card to his friend!! Great job :D

    Lisa
    indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My son was into Club Penguin...and boy did you ever nail this?!Fabulous.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It may not be one of your favourites - but I think this is pretty fantastic!! My son is a Club Penguin fan as well, so I totally get this. You've done such a great job and I'm sure this will be a hit!!

    ReplyDelete