Monday, September 26, 2011

Eye of Bat

I made this little halloween shaped card with the From My Kitchen jar and Simply Charmed for the bat wings and the pumpkin on the stick pin.  The stick pin was made with a head pin again.  I see lots of these home made pins in my future.  I wanted to make the jar with acetate, but with the dimensional googly eyes, the acetate wasn't working. I think I know how to do it now, but I was too lazy to go back to the drawing board with this one and compromised by using a plastic ziploc storage bag.  It was fairly easy to hot glue the plastic to the back of the white card piece...only two burned fingers.  :)

OK, Tatiana, it is 2:2...let's play some more. ;)

7 comments:

  1. Very spooky and ingenious!
    Cheers
    Sonia
    http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO clever!! The bag works wonderfully with this - and the pin is such a nice touch! I've never used a pin on a project but I'm seeing more and more of them. Perhaps I should give it a go at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. I could see a boy or boy at heart loving this Halloween card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Diane, I did not know you hot glued the plastic to the paper. I guess I am not doing it.
    Well, cardmaking is not such a safe hobby when you are in it.
    Yes, now it's 4:3, but it's not about winning it's about participating. I am thinking what else can I make. Now it seems boring without you in my game. Hope to play with you again! Please no Spongebob, too many pieces. And as you know at my age I need glasses...LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! I love it! The jar is perfect! Using acetate or old packaging is a pain! This way is much easier to do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really cute. Look the plastic bag Idea.

    ReplyDelete