A pumpkin with feet! I've gone over the edge. Yesterday I was chatting with my friend Tatiana on Facebook. She has recently completed the most gorgeous set of kitchen themed cards with Nifty Fifties. She said, "What cart do you want me to explore next?" Really, I get to pick?! So, after thinking I would stick her with Sesame Street (ha!), we thought Simply Charmed might be fun. I decided I would make a card along with her. I am surprised at how much I was looking forward to seeing what we both came up with. This was incredibly fun! She was headed to the park with her girls and her gypsy, so I knew I had to get started. As I walked away from the computer, the phrase "trick or treat, smell my feet popped in my head." I had been looking at these cute pumpkins on Simply Charmed, and the idea that I could put feet on a pumpkin came to me. I sketched it out so I wouldn't forget and got to work in Design Studio last night. I designed and cut it, but didn't assemble until this morning. I decided to try an idea I got from one of the fabulous designers on the Cricut Circle blog and make my own stick pin using a head pin. The head pin has a flat plastic top where I glued on a spider charm (with hot glue) I found in my button stash. Then I added the shiny beads using Glossy Accents as glue. There is a picture of the card open and you can see the head pin clearly if you're not sure what kind of pin I'm talking about. I found the head pins at Joann's.
I am kind of disappointed that my pictures of this card don't do it any justice. It's beautiful in person. The tombstone is made out of paper Tatiana sent me. It has a subtle damask pattern overlaid with sparkly glitter. The paper is absolutely gorgeous. My daughter is begging me to let her have this one. ;) We'll see, young pumpkin head.
This is my friend Tatiana's card. I love it. Her scarecrows are so cute and I love the purple accents.
Her blog address is:
http://createdbytatiana.blogspot.com/ if you want to check her gorgeous creations out.
Adorable! Stop by my blog for a blog award
ReplyDeleteColleen (gonescrappin Cricut Circle)
This is tooooo cute !! I just love those feet...they tickle me !! Love the papers too!! I will be looking forward to more cards from you and T....can't wait !
ReplyDeletexoxo Joy
I love the shape of this one and your friends card is so cute.
ReplyDeleteHello my simply charming :) friend! I am a little embarrassed by all your nice words about me but I'll accept them anyway. Thank you! it feels so good that I inspired you to make this cutie. Did you do the stitching with your sewing machine? That's cool, I did not notice first time! I don't know why but I only thought about this paper for using on wedding cards and not anything else. Great idea for the tombstone! I will try the stick pins too. Next I will be doing the turkey, I have not come up with the layout yet. I wanted to incorporate Sophie but you would not believe it I cannot find it anywhere (I like to see the manuals while thinking), I think I slept, ate, walked, bathed with it and finally it hid from me somewhere, I need to look for it right now! Thanks for posting my card on your blog!!!! Hugs!!! Tatiana
ReplyDeleteOh My Goodness!! I love the cards... too cute for words! Love the details...
ReplyDeleteTinaB
Super cute Dianne! I just love it!!
ReplyDeleteThis is fabulous Dianne.Love the pin you made.
ReplyDeleteJayne x
You are SO creative, Diane! The little feet on the pumpkin are such an adorable touch and just perfect with the verse! Don't you love it when you get an idea and it comes together so well?! Another great pin, too! We don't have Joann's here so I'll have a look at Michaels.
ReplyDelete