Thursday, September 29, 2011

Whoa, Where Did This Come From.....

Not my usual style, but I wanted to try something different.  The bee is from art nouveau, the card base is from damask decor, and the greeting tag is from art philosophy.  I am not sure how I feel about this one, but I wonder if it's just because it's so not me.  I know I've made uglier, so I'll post it. ;)

I am going to give this my daughter after she completes her performances in a community theater play in November.  All the moms give their kids these ridiculously expensive bouquets...mine will get a small bunch of cheap from the local supermarket....and, of course, a handmade greeting card, which is more her style than mine, so she will be thrilled.  She is beyond fabulous this kid, and I hope she doesn't peek at my blog.

Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment....and a special thank you to Tina, who mentioned me on her blog today.  What an honor!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Wow...where ever it came from....it's just gorgeous! Love that bee and I'm expecting my Art Nouveau in the mail today...yippee! You've inspired me to pop it right into my Cricut and get busy....love this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous! I love the bee's wings best of all. They look amazing! The bead matches the flourishes of the paper just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How big is your drawer of hidden cartridges? I am in love with this card but I also know I can't expect too many like this one. That's why they are even more valuable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just gorgeous, Diane! I love the bee cut and the sentiment! The sparkly wings are fabulous! I have dozens of carts but none of the three you used and I want them!! :D

    Lisa
    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think it's a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete